signs of the times women preachers

Signs of the end times: women preachers

This is a hotly debate topic that needs more then ever to be settled. Let me start with saying that I being a male ,love our counter parts in this life and where would the world be with out women?

I hold no hostility toward women and believe that The Word teaches that we are co equal in Christ.

Can a woman hold a leadership position in the church biblical?

We all have our own opinions on this and I have heard some very good arguments about this,but what does the Bible teach? Because after all if your not letting The Inerrant Word of God lead you thru life, your only a ship wreak in the making.(I hope you do believe that His Word is ALL Truth ….)

The Apostle Paul moved by The Holy Spirit wrote of how to conduct ourselves in the Church in many epistles one of them being his letter to Timothy. The problems that were cropping up in the infant church were being address…

In chapter 2 of 1 Timothy we find one such problem:

But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression

I believe this to be in the context of “how to conduct public worship(church)” and the next chapter is still talking about the qualifying of bishops, deacons, ect..

The word authority (authenteo)is a most different, but telling word.”one acting by his own authority or power.- to use or exercise authority over as an autocrat, to domineer.”The antonym is to be a subordinate. (Spiros Zodhiates TH.D. Wordstudy. Dr. Vine Expository Dictionary )

In Greek: authenteo contracted from authentes ,murder, absolute master, which is from autos, himself, and entea which is arms, armor. A self-appointed killer with ones own hand. Hence one acting by his own authority or power.

Someone who takes his own life is standing in the place that is Gods. He is the giver and taker of life not ourselves, and if by man, then strict guidelines are given for man to follow.

Someone, man or woman, that stands up to teach, preach, or became a deacon that has not Gods leading is one who stands by their OWN AUTHORITY. This is the meaning of the word authority. God calls those whom He chooses,not whom man likes.( Remember David being selected over all his brothers that were more pleasing to the eye?)

Paul says I will not suffer (allow)a woman to teach nor to usurp authenteo over the man.(by the way the word usurp is the same as the word authority given above) This is about plain as it But we are co equal,but have differant places (jobs ) and works for Christ.

Why is this?

Paul thru the Holy Spirit address that in the next verses:

For Adam was first formed, then Eve.

V.14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

Adam walk into sin seeing and knowing what the fruits would be, but Eve was just flat out deceived.Women are not still being punished for Eves sin as its all under the Blood now.

But it shows that the woman can be deceived easier than the man. This in no way makes her less than the man, but being different is given a place of honor too. Just as honorable as the mans, but different, as there are differences in the man and woman.

– We are not the same we are differant as stated in the creation story of Gen

–The reason they cannot (the women) is stated as they “were deceived” and “Adam was formed 1st” (this is Gods doing not mans)

For a better explanation of this Kingdom of God vs. Women Preachersby aymon de albatrus.He does a much better job of laying out before you to see,if you are reallu seeking truth.

What about Deborah and the other prophetess of the Bible, did not they teach and preach too?
No you must not read into the account of Deborah more than what is there.It was Barak ,not Debroah that is listed in the “hall of Faith” in the book of Hebrews .Seems to me that if she had done as some modernists think and claim she did ,she would have made the list too.This is not a slam at Deborah whom is mention and honor by God in His book for being a light in dark times.

What does church history tell us of women preachers?
Hereticks?Troubles?
Most of the cults have had a woman leader and founder.

John MacArthur – I do not Allow a Woman to Teach..

From the CARM.org site:
If we look at the denominations that approved women’s ordination from 1956-1976, we find that several of them, such as the United Methodist church and the United Presbyterian Church (now called the Presbyterian Church-USA), have large contingents pressing for (a) the endorsement of homosexual conduct as morally valid and (b) the approval of homosexual ordination.”1

Denominations, women ordination, and other errors

12 I do not permit a woman to teach or to exercise authority over a man; rather, she is to remain quiet. 13 For Adam was formed first, then Eve; 14 and Adam was not deceived, but the woman was deceived and became a transgressor. (ESV)

13 For Adam was formed first, then Eve; (ESV)

Users who found this page were searching for:

• identify end time women ministers
  • SPURGEON ON FEMALE PREACHERS
  • three preachers preaching end times
  • preachers that discuss end times
  • scriptures valudating women preachers
  • women end times
  • end time woman
  • what the bible says about women preachers
  • women, end times
  • become a female preacher

12 comments for “signs of the times women preachers

1. November 15, 2010 at 11:23 pm

I grew up in a full gospel church where men were the pastors in our churches, now we have a very young woman pastor. The only full gospel church in this area is the one I am attending. As a christian I need fellowship with other believers now I am not sure which way to turn.

• admin
      November 21, 2010 at 3:51 pm

I would search out God and His will for you in prayer.Perhaps it is a season of growth for you.

2. Blessed
    March 16, 2011 at 7:21 pm

What if God has called a woman to preach, should she not fulfill that calling.
    What if the woman being called to teach came under authority of her husband and in no way wanted to usurp the authority of the man.
    What if this calling was on her life not out of need to have authority or power but out of what God was placing on her heart.
    Yes women preaching is a sign of end times, because it is well known that more women than men attend church. So will not God use who he pleases to spread his message of salvation.
    I have sat in many churches where male pastors are leading people astray with false teachings.
    Leading people to believe that women preachers are false teachers is wrong, God can use who he wants to accomplish what he wills.
    If there was 20 men and 1 woman and the 20 men were hard of heart and just wanting to preach a false message for their own gain, yet the woman had submitted her will to God and desired to follow God in spirit and truth, her hearts desire was to see Gods kingdom in earth and to see the lost save.
    Who do you think God would use?.
    I think we need to be careful and seek God in this matter.
    I’m not ignorant to what the word says, but God has authority over everything and we need to seek his guidance on this, and be careful not to label women preachers as false.

• admin
      September 1, 2011 at 6:29 am

We must stick to what the scriptures teach not feelings or emotions.

If you are in the pulpit or in a place of authority (teaching scripture), you would be usurping authority over any male or female that was present. The verse says not to do that.

• Goodnews
        September 9, 2011 at 2:20 pm

unless that woman want to be in God’s permissive will,cos God ask moses to speak but he did other wise but water still came out, God can not contradict His word

• admin
          September 11, 2011 at 3:36 pm

ok there is some true in that but you could take the same thing and make it ok to do just about anything including sin.

Please give an example of a woman pastor or elder in the Bible.

• Pamela D. Curry
      July 13, 2012 at 1:53 am

God always surprises the world by doing things we do not expect or necessarily agree with. He does this because He is God! The word tells us that God opens doors no man can shut and shuts doors no man can open (). “Not by might, not by power, but by my spirit saith the Lord” (). Preach on Women Preachers!! God is using you mightily!! Do not let jealousy, criticism, or intimidation stand in your way. You have only to answer to God. In the last days there will be many FALSE TEACHERS. Try the spirits, turn a deaf ear to the false ones, and keep walking in the calling God has for you. In the end it will be only your Heavenly Father you will answer to. Beth Moore and Joyce Meyer have impacted far more people in these last days than even some of the big name male preachers who I respect deeply. They have done this not because they are females but only because they heeded the call of God on their lives and are not intimidated by FALSE TEACHING. You can’t put God in a box!!

• admin
        August 3, 2012 at 5:44 am

My dear lady you are entitled to your personal opinion, but if it is not in scripture, then we have nothing else except human reasonings and opinions,
        for the teaching of Joyce Meyers is one of falsehood. She implies that Christ made the atonement
        in hell with the devils beating him up,ect which is false teaching after the Kenneth Copeland sort.

Making statements about who has impacted the most is a fleshy way of thinking that again the bible does not teach.You fall in the error of modern day thinking that more is better or in this case that God is with them. Read the Gospels and see how Jesus sought for quality of, not quantity of bodies to fill up a building. -
        While it is true “you only have to answer to God” , God in a very orderly fashion set forth His Church and how it shall be governed.He changes not, what was truth 2,000 years ago is still truth today…

If you want help in this area trying study church history which we have over 2 thousand years of. Show how many times women were the ones appointed to oversee Gods flock. How many women were chosen as elders,ect.

I feel for you that this has made you so upset. This is NOT a down play of women either. We simply cannot compromise on the Lords Word.

3. Blessed
    March 16, 2011 at 7:27 pm

Also, we are the church not the building. Jesus said when 2 or more are gathered in his name he is there. Bearing this in mind with the context of , then a woman should never speak Gods word even with her husband as this could be deemed as teaching, especially if her husband is not saved or she has been walking with the Lord longer and may have a deeper understanding of scripture.

4. lyn
    January 18, 2012 at 5:48 pm

Thank you for posting this! I posted something similar http://iamhis-lyn.blogspot.com/2012/01/are-women-who-pastor-churches-sinning.html

This post came as a result of an ongoing debate at http://www.gcmwatch.com/8407/can-womens-ordination-open-door-to-gay-ordinations/

This sinful rebellion must be addressed, women preachers must be rebuked.

5. Paula
    April 6, 2012 at 7:22 pm

I am a Bible College student and I am required to write an argumentive essay. I chose this topic hoping to find validation as to why women should be allowed to preach. Now I’m more confused than ever. I will allow God to led me to the truth and open my eyes and heart to recieve it; however, I do belive that if men were takeing on the role as they were desinged to do, most women would be more acceptable to this. I as a woman dont see men stepping up so what are we supposed to do? I was once under the leadership of a an awsome woman of God and I have to say that my life has never been the same, but the men were few. I just pray that we put more focus reaching out to lost souls. I will continue to seek God in this matter in the mean time All Be Blessed.

• admin
      April 11, 2012 at 7:32 pm

Sister in Christ, the truth does not change depending on the circumstances. His word does not balk nor change.
      We must let His Word rule our all of our being including our thinking, our feelings, emotions, opinions. We MUST love The Lord with all our heart and being.(part of loving him is believing and obeying Him)